Pruning or the removal of large trees can be dangerous work. It is important to hire a professional Arborist for your own safety, the safety others ,your property and your neighbour’s property. A professional Arborist will provide a trained crew with all the required safety equipment and appropriate insurances.
Banksia Arborcare has been in business for over 15 years & is a member of the NAAA (National Arborist Association of Australia) . Our work is to the highest safety standards, and complies to the Australian Standard AS 4373 (Pruning of Amenity Tree. We have public liability insurance to $20M and qualifications in Arboriculture, Tree Surgery, Horticulture and Landscaping.
When selecting an Arborist always,
- Check for membership of professional organizations such as the NAAA (National Arborist Association of Australia). Such memberships demonstrate a willingness on part of the Arborist to stay up to date on the latest techniques and industry information.
- Check for Arborist Certification ( Certificate in Arboriculture techniques, Certificate in Tree Surgery) . Certified Arbrorists are experienced professionals who have passed examinations on all aspects of Tree care.
- Ask for proof of insurance. Professional Arborists will have public liability insurance ($20M)
When choosing a Tree Services company, avoid using ones that: –
- Advertises “topping” as a service provided. Professional Arborists know topping/lopping is harmful to trees and is not an acceptable practice.
- Has no knowledge of the Australian Standard AS 4373 (Pruning of Amenity Tree).
- Uses tree climbing spikes to climb trees that are to be pruned. Climbing spikes can damage trees and should only be used for removals.
- Do not have public liability insurance